These instructions show you how to override PDF attributes, such as page orientation, font size, and line spacing, when splitting and emailing reports.
To override PDF attributes:
- Change the following data area in iSeries Report Splitter:
CHGDTAARA DTAARA(RJSSPLIT/QUSRSPLA *ALL) VALUE(1600)
- Change the following data area in Email Report Server/400:
CHGDTAARA DTAARA(RJSERS/QUSRSPLA *ALL) VALUE(1600)
- In iSeries Report Splitter, go to the 21. Edit Report Distribution Settings page for the spool files you want to override PDF attributes for.
- Override the PDF attributes using the three User Def Opt fields at the bottom of the page:
- In the first User Def Opt field, type:
- *PORTRAIT for portrait orientation.
- *LANDSCAPE for landscape orientation.
- In the second User Def Opt field, type the number of the font size from 1-20.
- In the third User Def Opt field, type the number of the line spacing. RJS Software suggests the following values:
- For 80 columns and portrait orientation, use 8.
- For 132 columns and landscape orientation, use 7.
- For 198 columns and landscape orientation, use 6.
- Press Enter to save the settings.
When spool files are split with this distribution page, the options you chose will override the PDF attributes.
Last Modified On: September 02, 2017