Email Report Server/400 cannot resolve the SMTP Server TCP/IP address or host name for the outbound SMTP mail server.
- Use the iSeries PING command to make sure the TCP/IP address or host name can be PINGed.
- If the TCP/IP address continues to fail, create a Host Table entry for the system and use that instead of the TCP/IP address:
- On a command line, type GO CFGTCP.
- Choose 10. Work with TCP/IP host table entries and make the changes you need.
- If using the Host Name still doesn't work, use the iSeries TELNET command with Port 25 to see if you can connect to the outbound SMTP server.
- If TELNET doesn't work, you most likely have an SMTP mail server connectivity problem.
Last Modified On: September 02, 2017