How can I specify a different Subsystem or Port Number for Showcase 9.x?
To specify a different Subsystem or port number for your Showcase server you will need to Add and Remove ShowCase TCP/IP.
Starting in Showcase 9, there are new parameters in the ADDSCTCP command, where you need to specify the RMI & Firewall ports now, along with the Host Name. You can verify what the existing Port numbers are by issuing the WRKSRVTBLE (Work with Service Table Entries) command on the iSeries.
Example Service Table Entries for ShowCase server Support90:
How to specify a different subsystem or port number for Showcase 9.x.
Note: Replace SUPPORT90 with the name of your Showcase Server Library name in all steps where necessary.
SCSERVER90/RMVSCTCP FRCRMV(*YES) SBSD(QSYS/QCMN)
- Logoff / logon to the iSeries with a clean session using a QSECOFR profile.
- Add your ShowCase Server library to the library list: ADDLIBLE SUPPORT90 (press enter)
- On the iSeries run command to end your ShowCase server: SCSERVER90/ENDSCSVR (press enter)
- Issue the following 3 commands to verify there are NO locks on your Showcase Server Library and END any jobs that have locks on these objects.
WRKOBJLCK OBJ(SCSERVER90) OBJTYPE(*LIB)
WRKOBJLCK OBJ(SCSERVER90/SCCONNECT) OBJTYPE(*USRSPC)
WRKOBJLCK OBJ(SCSERVER90/SCASSIST) OBJTYPE(*PGM)
- Verify what port numbers you are currently using for the following ports and make note of them before running the RMVSCTCP command, as these ports will be specified within the ADDSCTCP command. To verify the port numbers use the WRKSRVTBLE command on the iSeries.
- Remove SCTCP by running the following command: (replace QCMN with the correct subsystem that your Showcase Server runs in)
- Add SCTCP by running the following command: (replace “*DEFAULT” with the correct Subsystem that your Showcase Server runs in OR where you want the Showcase server to run in)
SCSERVER90/ADDSCTCP (press F4)
The following parameters will appear:
Subsystem for TCP server jobs . *DEFAULT
Library . . . . . . . . . . .
TCP Port Number . . . . . . . . 43419
Firewall Port Number . . . . . . *NONE
Compressed Data Firewall Port . *NONE
HostName . . . . . . . . . . . . *TCPCFG
- For Subsystem for TCP Server Jobs: Specify the Subsystem that your Showcase Server runs in OR where you want the Showcase server to run in.
- For Library: Specify Library where the Subsystem runs in
- For TCP Port Number: Specify the port number you want your Showcase Server to be connected to OR use your existing ShowCase port number if you are just changing the Subsystem where Showcase server runs.
- For Firewall Port Number: Specify the port number specified from step 5 above.
- For Compressed Data Firewall Port: Specify port number specified from step 5 above
- For HostName: *TCPCFG
- Press Enter. You should receive following message: Showcase TCPIP support successfully added.
- If the ADDSCTCP command completed successfully, the server will attempt to start.
- Verify your Showcase server started by running WRKACTJOB command.