a) On the server where we have SmartConsole installed:
1. On this machine we will use the Windows utility MSG.exe. The problem is that it is only in the folder C:/Windows/System32 and for 32-bit applications it is not accessible. First of all we must copy the file msg.exe to C:/Windows/SysWow64/msg.exe
2. We will configure an action set that executes a PC program with the following configuration:
Where we will substitute "user" by the user to which we will send the message (we can put a * to send to all the users of the destination machine) and "servername" by the name of the target machine that is to receive the message. "Text" indicates the text of the message.
3. In order to have the necessary permissions to be able to send the message to the destination machine we must enter the user and password of a user with access to the target machine in the Credentials Manager.
To do so we will access the Control Panel -> Credentials Manager -> Add a Windows Credential:
We must configure as many credentials as we have message destinees.
b) Afterwards on the destination machine we must do the following steps:
1. Open the Registry Editor using the command regedit.exe.
We modify, in the Registry, the value of AllowRemoteRPC that can be found in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server from 0 to 1.
2. We access the Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change advanced sharing settings, and activate the option "Turn on file and printer sharing," then save.
Still have questions? We can help. Submit a case to Technical Support.