Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2018 18:45:14 GMT by Matt Koch

 We're getting the following error consistently when we try to run tasks using the Default User account (a service account we created) for Automate Enterprise 11.  This account is an Administrator on the machine on which the agent is installed.

Task running on agent could not start because the logon failed.

The tasks work when we switch the Default User to my personal account which is on the same domain. I can also confirm the username and password are valid for the service account and I can log in to the Automate server manually with them.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 14:01:54 GMT by Justin Aucoin

Hi Matt,

Would it be possible to set-up a remote support session where we can take a closer look at this issue? If this is possible please send an email over to [email protected] with a list of your availability. Also please verify the Operating System of the machine in question and it's bit level, as well as the version and bit level of the AutoMate software.
Note: Please reference this forum thread in your email.

Posted Fri, 07 Sep 2018 19:39:12 GMT by Dustin Rogers

I have a similar issue and am interested in how this gets resolved!

Posted Fri, 07 Sep 2018 19:50:21 GMT by Matt Koch

A quick update on our end - we swapped the defaults for how workflows are executed to be as a "background user" in all cases, and the workflows started working. It just appears as though when we try to use the interactive Logon method we get this error. In the future we may have interactive tasks, so I'd still like to uncover the cause of failure.

Happy to set up a remote session to debug further, but here's some info on our configuration:

  • OS: Windows 2016 64 bit
  • Automate: 11.0 Enterprise edition
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2018 14:27:26 GMT by Alex Escalante

Hello Matt,

We would be happy to troubleshoot further with you. When ready, please open a new case or email us directly at [email protected] and we will schedule time to troubleshoot.

 

thank you.

Posted Tue, 18 Aug 2020 10:01:09 GMT by Keith Thomas

Did this get resolved? I am facing the same issue - I believe it is related to windows security settings but cannot find out a definitive answer

Posted Tue, 18 Aug 2020 22:16:23 GMT by Alex Escalante

Hello Keith,

We have reached out to you via the support case you opened.

Posted Fri, 20 Nov 2020 18:01:12 GMT by Rafael Araújo

Hello,

I think I am facing the same issue. How can I solve it? Error Code: 33046, API:1789

 

Thanks,

Posted Thu, 03 Dec 2020 23:15:22 GMT by Devin Cannon

Hi Rafael,

There's several reasons this error can occur.  It would be best to open a ticket or call into support so we can go over this together.

Some of the reasons can be:

The username/password is incorrect.

The domain format is not working for the system.  In the credentials section there is a field for the domain name.  Entering the domain name here typically works, but sometimes the system wants the domain with the username field like "domain\username" and then leave the domain name field blank.

The Event Monitor (AMEM.exe or BPAEM.exe) is not running or running under a user that is in a Disconnected state.  A disconnected state is caused when a user logs in through Remote Desktop and then closes the Remote Desktop session without completely logging out.

Something in the logon process is failing.  Automate needs to send a CTRL+ALT+DEL at the logon screen.  This may not be happening.  It may need to get past a legal notice/warning.  It may be getting stuck on this.  It will then need to send the credentials as well.  There's also a chance that all this works, but takes longer to login than Automate is waiting for.  We can adjust this delay if needed.

Like I said, it would be best to contact us for a support session to review this together on your system.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.