Posted Wed, 12 Dec 2018 05:11:59 GMT by Sony Mathew

I am using BPA  V 10.5.0.56, We had few FTP download and upload workflow which were running fine. All of the sudden we are not able to upload or download any files with our FTP workflow.

We are getting below error while the FTP workflow reach the upload or download step

Error message: FTP failed (Error : Connection lost (error code is 10054))

We have check the port connection for host and destination its able to connect and same connections are working through other FTP applictions other than BPA.

Posted Wed, 12 Dec 2018 19:56:46 GMT by Alex Escalante

Hello Sony,

If you use a 3rd party FTP software, such as Filezilla or WinSCP, and you test it from the same machine that AutoMate is installed on, are you able to upload/download files?

Does the step have any kind of filter or wildcard? If so, if you point to a specific file and not have any filters, does it then work?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2018 05:59:47 GMT by Sony Mathew

Hi i tried using 3rd part software, Filezilla to download and upload the file from the same machine that AutoMate is installed, and it was sucessfull.

I tried the connection of FTP from BPA without any wildcard or filter still  iam getting the same error as below.

Error message: FTP failed (Error : Connection lost (error code is 10054))

Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:59:22 GMT by Alex Escalante

Hello Sony,

At this point, we recommend sending us an email to [email protected] so we may create a support case to further troubleshoot this issue. To resolve the issue as fast as possible, please request the connection log from the FTP server that you are trying to connect to. The error messages provided by the server administrator's log are usually more descriptive and will point us towards a solution in a more timely manner.

Please reference this forum post in the email.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2019 20:36:58 GMT by Jeremy Radwan

I'm having the same issue (albeit on an older version of Automate). Using the regular FTP action works fine, but if I try "SFTP (Password)" I get the "FTP Failed (Error: Connection list (error code is 10054))" message. Filezilla on the same machine can connect via SFTP just fine. 

The SFTP log from Automate just shows this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date : 3/1/2019 3:31:58 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------
3/1/2019 3:31:56 PM : Connecting to <server name> connection type is Sftp.
3/1/2019 3:31:58 PM : Server key [<server key>] received.

Using psftp.exe (from PuTTy) works as well, but I'd prefer to use the built-in Automate actions if possible instead of having to call another script to run the psftp.exe process.

Is there a resolution for this?

Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2019 05:24:23 GMT by Prince Jose

This issue persists in Version 11.1.30.3 as well. Do you have any resolution to this issue?

Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2019 16:40:04 GMT by Alex Escalante

Hello Prince,

We have replied to your case CAS-0010177678. The issue is due to the cipher list you sent over that is not currently available within the AutoMate software. We will submit a feature request and confirm if it is accepted by the development team via your case.

Posted Sun, 08 Dec 2019 10:42:39 GMT by Prince Jose

We have received update from Helpsystems that they will try to resolve SFTP connectivity issue using a patch for V11.1.30.3. We have just migrated from BPA 10 to 11 & would appreciate if you can resolve this without another upgrade.

Posted Sun, 26 Jul 2020 09:03:38 GMT by Prince Jose

Hi,

Please provide an update on feature request AM-16736 as per CAS-0010177678

Posted Tue, 28 Jul 2020 13:34:21 GMT by Alex Escalante

Hello Prince,

Unfortunately this feature is still marked as "in development" and is not ready for release. There is currently no ETA.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.