Posted Wed, 28 Jul 2021 17:10:49 GMT by

Hi Team,

Is there anyone who can share / provide a sample code that transfers files to (or from) an Azure Shared location?

I am able to access the Azure location via File Explorer, using a different account.

I need to simulate the same activity using Automate workflows.

Thanks

Posted Thu, 29 Jul 2021 21:30:19 GMT by

Hello Sherwin,

You  mentioned you are able to access the location using a different account. Do you get an error when trying to use the AutoMate account?

Posted Fri, 30 Jul 2021 06:05:28 GMT by

Hi Alex,

The Azure location can only be access using a specified credential, so I am not sure how to execute a transfer task that will access the location using AutoMate.

The workaround that I implemented was to map a network drive  to the azure location directly on the AutoMate server (i.e. Drive V) and created a variable and initialise the value to V:\. The only drawback to this approach is that when the task is run via the agent (scheduler), Automate does not recognise drive V, and throws this error message:

Task name: Download Tramada Extracts

Step number: 53

Time of error: 30/07/2021 2:00:16 AM

Error message: File System failed (Error : Could not find a part of the path 'V:\Tramada'.) Computer name: MFTP-PROD

Running that full task manually inside the Task Builder is OK. It recognised the mapped drive and successfully execute the transfer.

I noticed there is an Azure Storage functionality in the AutoMate that I can possibly use? Though I have no idea how to use. Would you have any doco or sample on how to use this one.

Posted Fri, 30 Jul 2021 21:57:15 GMT by

Hello Sherwin,

Regarding your workaround, mapped drives must be mapped within the task in order to be recognized. There is a map drive action that you can add to your task, before the transfer takes place.

However, we recommend using the full UNC path instead of a mapped drive. This would be more reliable as the mapped/unmapped state of the drive will not come into effect.

We also have Azure actions, that are designed for file transfers. Here is more information on how to establish a session to begin your transfer:

https://static.helpsystems.com/automate/help/am_11/Content/Task_Builder/Actions_Activities/Azure_Storage/Azure_Storage_-_Create_session.htm?Highlight=azure

and here are all the Azure actions available to you:

https://static.helpsystems.com/automate/help/am_11/Content/Task_Builder/Actions_Activities/Azure_Storage/Azure_Storage.htm

You must be signed in to post in this forum.