Posted Tue, 24 Aug 2021 02:02:36 GMT by

Automate Task Builder version 11 (64-bits)

When I test these features, they work properly.  However, when ran as scheduled Tasks, they fail.

1. Send keyboard keystrokes to a newly-opened web browser.
    • This new web browser session opens up as a new Tab after clicking on a command button from the previous one.
    • The new browser session does not accept the keyboard strokes.  It is not reacting to it.
  2. Click (pick) an option from a drop-down list.
    • It works one day.  The next day it doesn't.  I have to re-code every day for this to work.
    • I have tried both the mouse click and keyboard strokes approach.

I hope there is someone out there who has had experience with these and can help.  Thanks in advance!

Posted Fri, 27 Aug 2021 03:27:36 GMT by

Hello Joemel,

The issues that you are describing are typically related to incorrect logon settings on the task.  

As your task is interactive, please check to see if the task logon properties are set as follows.

When Workstation is logged on: Logged on user

When Workstation is logged off: Logon specified user

When Workstation is locked: Unlock using specified user.

Specified user: can be set either to Use the Default User or Use this account.  These are the user credentials that will be used for the logon and unlock of the server.

Also, please be sure this user is logged off the server at the time that the task is scheduled to run.

If you need further assistance or would like us to troubleshoot your issue, please contact support via the portal, or you may email us at automate.support@helpsystems.com

Thanks,

Amy

You must be signed in to post in this forum.