When a non-default drive and/or path are specified during installation of InterMapper 5.8 (32- or 64-bit releases), an InterMapper Settings folder will be installed in the default location (usually C:\ProgramData) and used regardless. To correct this, please use the following procedure.
These steps will work for either version upgrade or new installations to a non-default location.
The drive and exact path may therefore need to be changed as appropriate. The path given should be one level above the desired location for InterMapper Settings, the location for saved user data such as maps, custom probes and chart data.
In this example the target path for installation / upgrade is D:\Program Files (x86)\InterMapper, where the user had installed a previous version by replacing C: with D: during the installation.
1. If the path to InterMapper Settings requires correction, uninstall InterMapper 5.8 using Control Panel > Programs and Features. Rerun the installation and install explicitly to D:\Program Files (x86)\InterMapper\ .
Note: this also applies to 64-bit installations, if an upgrade procedure .
2. Stop the InterMapper service using InterMapper Control Center or the Control Panel Services tool.
3. Copy [only] the Extensions folder from C:\ProgramData\InterMapper\InterMapper settings to D:\Program Files (x86)\InterMapper\InterMapper settings.
4. If InterMapper Flows is to be used on the same server, edit flows.conf file to point to the correct database path, as the default path will be present. In this case, use D:\Program Files (x86)\InterMapper\Flows\flows.conf for the config file location, and D:\Program Files (x86)\InterMapper Settings\Flows\SESSIONDB for the flows database location.
5. Delete or rename C:\ProgramData\InterMapper\Intermapper Settings
6. Restart the InterMapper service.
If InterMapper is not working correctly at this point, use the Help > Send
Feedback tool, Logs tab, to send a copy of the latest Server debug log and event log to our Technical Support group for assistance. This will open a support ticket.
Please include contact information so we can respond, and any description (such as target path and symptoms) which might be relevant.