Q. How can I test sounds in the InterMapper client?
A. There are four tools for testing sounds in the client:
1. Server Settings -> Test Notifier
- tests things like "is the sound turned on?" and attempts to play the sound.
2. Help -> Diagnostics -> Client Log -> Misc -> Empty Sound Cache
- simply erases all sound files that are stored locally so that they will be downloaded from the server again the next time they are needed.
3. Help -> Diagnostics -> Client Log -> Misc -> Test Sound File...
- lets the user choose any sound file on disk (such as the file in the local cache) and will attempt to open and play it.
4. Help -> Diagnostics -> Client Log ->Misc -> Debug Sound Notifications to StdOut
- prints lots of debugging information to the standard output location (Console.app on OS X, must be redirected on Windows).