Q. Is there a list of ports that InterMapper uses? We will be placing InterMapper in a firewalled network segment, and then opening ports so it can communicate with the devices it is monitoring.
A. InterMapper uses any number of evanescent source ports when probing devices.
Destination ports depend on what probes are being used and how they are configured.
Ports InterMapper listens on:
* Remote server port: 8181 by default
* IMDC port: 8182 by default
* IM Database port: 8183 by default
* IM Flows ports: 8184, 2055, 6343 by default
* Web server port: 80 or 443 by default if turned on, but commonly changed
* Telnet server port: 23 by default if turned on, but commonly changed
* SNMP trap ports: 162 by default; optionally 161 or some other port as well, depending on configuration.