Posted Fri, 17 Feb 2017 04:14:53 GMT by Vince Hurst

Okay, this question may belong in the Probe section, but it does concern notifiers too.

I'm trying to leverage the probe <snmp-device-notifiers>, together with <parameters>

I'd like to get this working as a "a quoted specification", as the manual calls it.

<parameters>

Notifier = "Test"
Delay = 0
Repeat = 0
Count = 0
 </parameters>

<snmp-device-notifiers>

Notifier1: "$Notifier:$Delay:$Repeat:$Count"

</snmp-device-notifiers>

This and other formats I've tried haven't worked. Can this section use a variable?

Posted Wed, 08 Mar 2017 14:15:38 GMT by Mike Maki

Hi Vince,

I've never considered using variables in the <snmp-device-notifiers> section of an alarm point probe, but it looks like it might work.

One concern is that the Notifier variable is substituting for a quoted string. I'm wondering if the quotes are making the transition, and whether it's possible to escape them with backslashes if not (substituting \" for a plain ").

The other thing you might try (and you may already have done this) is to wrap the variable name in braces, like

Notifier1: "${Notifier}:${Delay}:${Repeat}:${Count}"

However, the description in the documentation, in enclosing the  value of the SNMP device notifier in quotes, implies that we're looking for a literal, so I won't be surprised if variables don't work at all.

Have you tried substituting the variables only for delay/repeat/count, and leaving the Notifier as a string?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.