InterMapper has "MIB Viewer" probes that display all the variables defined in a particular MIB. The "MIB Viewer Probe Builder" is a web-based tool for creating an InterMapper probe from a MIB. You can find it at http://bit.ly/InterMapperMIBViewer To use it:
- Import the MIB into InterMapper (File -> Import -> MIB...)
- Go to the http://bit.ly/InterMapperMIBViewer page
- Paste the text of the MIB file into the field at the top of the page
- Press Tab, and the bottom of the page fills with the text of an InterMapper probe for that MIB.
- You can use the "Copy to Clipboard" button to get the text.
- Paste that text and save it as a file.
- Use File -> Import -> Probe... to import that probe file.
- The probe will be available in a new category "MIB Viewers" in the Set Probe... window.
The MIB Viewer probes show all the variables that are in a MIB. If you want a more concise view, then you can edit the probe file to remove the ones that aren't useful.
The image below shows the Status Window for the RFC-1213 (MIB-II) MIB Viewer probe. It displays all the scalar variables (sysDescr, sysObjectID, sysUpTime, etc.). Clicking the disclosure triangles opens/closes the groups of variables/OIDs.
Clicking any of the links in the bottom of the Status Window opens the corresponding table in a separate window.