Installing and managing Skybot Scheduler Agent on a MS Cluster
- Set up the cluster.
- The Skybot Agent needs to be installed on each node in the cluster.
o Install on the shared storage in the same location using the same ports for each node.
o Because there are some local files the install needs to be run from each node.
o Log in to Skybot Scheduler to see that the agent starts after each install.
o Edit each agent by adding a pre-defined Notification List or User to the Offline Notification field so that you will be notified when the Agent goes off-line.
o Stop the Agent using the Skybot Scheduler Agent Manager.
- From the Control Panel on the cluster node select Services and stop the Skybot Scheduler Agent Service and the Skybot Transponder Service.
- Set the Skybot Scheduler Agent Service and Skybot Transponder Service to Manual Startup Type.
- Add the Skybot Agent Server Service and Skybot Transponder Service to the cluster manager as a New Cluster Resource.
o Resource Type is Generic Service.
o Add Possible nodes
o Add Shared Storage as a Dependency
o Add Service name: Skybot Agent Server Service
o Add Registry Key for Skybot Agent Server Service:
- Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
o When the cluster fails over the service will automatically start up on the active node.
- To move the objects from the failed node to the active node
o Log into Skybot Scheduler
o Select Agents and right-click the failed Agent
o Select Replace and select the new active agent as the replacement
o All jobs and objects will move from the failed agent to the active agent