How to configure certificate authentication for auto-registration of host pre-registrations
- Open the BoKS root CA using the Domain page, Certificates section, and clicking the DN of the certificate in the tree node in FoxT Control Center.
- Click Export and save the certificate file.
- If you have more than one BoKS domain, you can save the BoKS root CA from each domain in the same certificate file.
Every BoKS root CA certificate in the file, even if you only have one, must have the following header and footer:
- Once the certificate file is complete, save it on the pre-registered host.
- When you set up the host as a BoKS Server Agent for Unix/Linux, use the option -A CACERT= to direct the setup program to authenticate using the certificate file.
/opt/boksm/sbin/setup -a -A USER=user_to_log HOST=hostname FILE=path_to_parameters_file CACERT=path_to_cert_file client
Alternatively you can add the CACERT parameter to the parameters file you specify with the FILE variable.
Last Modified On: May 25, 2018