Summary

This article describes differences in the Access Rule modifiers available and how limitations on maximum input/output are handled in different BoKS versions and hotfixes.

Reference Information

The BoKS keystroke logging function includes keystroke logging level 4, which uses locally-defined parameters on the host to determine how keystroke logging operates.

FoxT strongly discourages customers from using keystroke logging level 4. For more information see the articles #14122 “Advisory: Keystroke loglevel 4 delegates control to local administrators” and #14114 "Hotfix: Enhancements to kslog level 4 (HFBM-0230, HFBM-0231, HFBM-0232)".

FoxT has released hotfixes to provide an alternative way to configure keystroke logging parameters so that customers no longer need to use keystroke logging level 4. The Access Route / Rule modifiers available and the way these operate depend on the version of BoKS and what hotfixes are installed.

When you apply a limit on keyboard input and screen output that is logged, the way the limit is calculated is different in different versions / hotfix levels. It can either be a limit set per command, or a total limit for the whole keystroke logged session.

The following table describes what modifiers are available for keystroke logged Access Routes / Rules and how input / output limits are applied depending on BoKS version and hotfixes installed.

Base package

With hotfix HFBM-0148/0149

With hotfix HFBM-0230/0231/0232

BoKS 6.7

No Access Rule modifiers

I/o limit per command

No Access Rule modifiers

I/o limit per session

Modifiers:

• ksltime
  • kslsize
  • kslog_max_input
  • kslog_max_output

I/o limit per command

BoKS 7.0

Modifiers:

• ksltime
  • kslsize

I/o limit per command

Modifiers:

• ksltime
  • kslsize

I/o limit per session

Modifiers:

• ksltime
  • kslsize
  • kslog_max_input
  • kslog_max_output

I/o limit per command

BoKS 7.1

Modifiers:

• ksltime
  • kslsize

I/o limit per session

N/a

Modifiers:

• ksltime
  • kslsize
  • kslog_max_input
  • kslog_max_output

I/o limit per command

Still have questions? We can help. Submit a case to Technical Support.

Last Modified On: December 19, 2018