This document outlines the technical data and requirements for BoKS SSH Client for Windows. Technical requirements are subject to change. Contact HelpSystems for the latest information.
- 100 MHz Pentium processor or faster
- 20 MB of free disk space
- Windows 7 64-bit and later
Any SSH-2 compliant server, for example:
- BoKS Manager 7.0
- BoKS Server Agent 7.0
- BoKS Manager 6.7 (requires hotfix HFBM-0063)
- Reflection for Secure IT (WRQ)
- VShell SSH Server (Van Dyke)
Protocols and Services
BoKS SSH Client for Windows supports the following protocols and services:
- Interactive Shell (BoKS SSH)
- BoKS Secure File Copy (bscp)
- BoKS Secure File Transfer (bsftp)
- Remote Command Execution (BoKS SSH or Blink)
- Authentication Agent Forwarding (X11 forwarding: BoKS SSH or Blink)
- Local or Remote Port Forwarding (tunneling: BoKS SSH or Blink)
- Agent Forwarding (Bageant)
Requirements for X11 Forwarding in SSH
To use X11 forwarding, you need an X display server for your Windows machine, such as, for example, one of the following:
User certificates: Key usage attribute of a user certificate, if present, must be at least digital signature and key encipherment.
- The common name, subjectAltName, or the iPAddress (IP number) or dNSName (host name or fully qualified domain name) must contain a fully qualified domain name, host short name, or host IP.
- The common name (CN) of the host certificate subjectDN may contain the host identity in the form of a DNS name, an IP, or a short hostname. Multiple CNs are acceptable.
- Key usage attribute must be digital signature. The attributes listed in either item 1 or 2 above must be present, and those listed in item 3 must be present.
BoKS Manager certificates meet all host certificate requirements.
BoKS SSH Client 7.1.3 for Windows can be deployed via a variety of methods depending on your organization's policies and procedures