Important Updates to Cybersecurity Software
HelpSystems is updating the names of our cybersecurity software, including the Powertech product line. Don’t worry—the functionality of your products won’t change.
See the new names here > New, Simpler Names for HelpSystems Security Software.
Do the following to move Command Security from one system to another:
- Install Command Security on the target system using the installation wizard offered by HelpSystems.
- On the source system, end the monitor job that runs for Command Security by submitting the command PTCSLIB/PCSENDMON.
- Create a SAVF file in a library (some use QGPL). For this example, we will use QGPL: CRTSAVF QGPL/PCSSAVF.
- Save the PTCSLIB library to that SAVF file: SAVLIB LIB(PTCSLIB) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/PCSSAVF) PVTAUT(*YES)
- On the target system, create a SAVF file and FTP the SAVF file from the source system to the target system.
- Clear the library once complete: CLRLIB LIB(PTCSLIB).
- Once the library has been cleared, restore the library from the SAVF file brought over by FTP from the Source system:
RSTLIB SAVLIB(PTCSLIB) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/PCSSAVF) MBROPT(*ALL) PVTAUT(*YES) ALWOBJDIF(*ALL) RSTLIB(PTCSLIB)
This will restore the configured files to the Target system, but since this is an Exit Program, you will need to re-instate the Exit Point hooks for each monitored command.
- Run the following command to re-instate the Exit Point hooks: PTCSLIB/PCSUPDREG.
- Finally, enter the license key in Command Security on the target system.
Last Modified On: April 03, 2019