Use this procedure when unable to use the Deployment Manager Installation wizard to upload and install the software on your IBM i system. (See Installing Compliance Monitor for System Requirements and additional installation details.)

On Your PC

1. Download the Software for the IBM i from the HelpSystems website and run the Compliance Monitor Executable.

Note: During this step, the wizard extracts the save files needed for manual installation.

2. Stop when you’re prompted to enter system information, but keep the install wizard open.
  3. Identify where the installation wizard has extracted the save files; typically, at a file path like the below path. 

C:\Users\userprofile\AppData\Local\Temp\HelpSystems\xxxxxxx.tmp

*where userprofile is your user name and xxxxxxx.tmp is a random temp directory

4. Locate the file “Compliancemonitor.pt in the Powertech Product Maintenance Wizard folder.

The .PT file is simply a .zip file and can be opened with WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRar, etc.

This file contains 3 SAVFs, and 3 .props files. The .props files are used by the wizard and can be ignored during a manual installation.

5. Copy the “ComplianceMonitor.pt” file to your desktop.
  6. Rename the file from “ComplianceMonitor.pt ” to “ComplianceMonitor.zip ”.
  7. Extract the files and copy the PTCM3, PTCM3T2, and PTCM3T3 to your desktop.

On Your IBM i System

1. Log in to the System with QSECOFR, or another profile with similar authorities.

2. Issue the following commands:

CRTLIB PTINSTLIB (Note: If this library already exists, execute the command to clear the library: CLRLIB PTINSTLIB)

Then:

CRTSAVF PTINSTLIB/PTCM3

CRTSAVF PTINSTLIB/PTCM3T2

CRTSAVF PTINSTLIB/PTCM3T3

3. FTP the SAVF files (PTCM3, PTCM3T2, and PTCM3T3 to the library PTINSTLIB. (If FTP is not available, skip to step 4.)
    1. Open the PC Command Prompt Window. 

2. Change to the directory of the SAVFs from step 6 above.

3. FTP the IBM i system.

4. Logon

5. CD PTINSTLIB

6. BIN

7. Put PTCM3

8. Put PTCM3T2

9. Put PTCM3T3

10. Quit

11. Exit from the Command Prompt Window

4. If you were able to FTP the save files continue with step 5. However, if FTP is restricted on your network, you can use iNavigator (iNav) to get the save files on your IBM i system.
    1. Create a directory on the IBM i system to move the save files to: 

MKDIR '/POWERTECH'

MKDIR '/POWERTECH/PTCM3'

MKDIR '/POWERTECH/PTCM3T2'

MKDIR '/POWERTECH/PTCM3T3'

2. Using iNav, drag/copy the savefiles PTCM3, PTCM3T2, and PTCM3T3 from your PC to the '/POWERTECH/ PTCM3, PTCM3T2, and PTCM3T3' directories respectively.
    3. Use the CPY command to copy PTCM3, PTCM3T2, and PTCM3T3 from the '/POWERTECH/PTCM3, PTCM3T2, and PTCM3T3' directories to the appropriate save files.

Note: The command is one line.

For both the Consolidator and the End Point:

CPY OBJ('/POWERTECH/ PTCM3/PTCM3') OBJ('/QSYS.LIB/PTINSTLIB.LIB/PTCM3.FILE') TOCCSID(*CALC) REPLACE(*YES)

For the Consolidator only:

CPY OBJ('/POWERTECH/ PTCM3T2/PTCM3T2') OBJ(‘/QSYS.LIB/PTINSTLIB.LIB/PTCM3T2.FILE') TOCCSID(*CALC) REPLACE(*YES)

For the End Point only:

CPY OBJ('/POWERTECH/ PTCM3T3/PTCM3T3') OBJ('/QSYS.LIB/PTINSTLIB.LIB/PTCM3T3.FILE') TOCCSID(*CALC) REPLACE(*YES)

5. Run the following commands in order:

For Both the Consolidator and the End Point together:

rstobj sispgm1 qtemp *savf savf(PTINSTLIB/PTCM3)

rstobj *all sispgm1 *savf savf(qtemp/sispgm1) rstlib(qtemp)

call qtemp/sislaunch (‘PTCM3’ ‘PTINSTLIB’ ‘0’)

For just the Consolidator:

rstobj sispgm1 qtemp *savf savf(PTINSTLIB/PTCM3T2)

call qtemp/sislaunch (‘PTCM3T2’ ‘PTINSTLIB’ ‘0’)

For just the End Point:

rstobj sispgm1 qtemp *savf savf(PTINSTLIB/PTCM3T3)

call qtemp/sislaunch (‘PTCM3T3’ ‘PTINSTLIB’ ‘0’)

6. When the Compliance Monitor installation is complete, proceed with licensing and activation.

Note: The Compliance Monitor Administrator's Guide can be found at Powertech Product Manuals.

Still have questions? We can help. Submit a case to Technical Support.

Last Modified On: May 15, 2018