Important Updates to Cybersecurity Software
HelpSystems is updating the names of our cybersecurity software, including the Powertech product line. Don’t worry—the functionality of your products won’t change.
See the new names here > New, Clearer Names for HelpSystems Security Software.
Please review the following information before upgrading Compliance Monitor. If you are updating Compliance Monitor from, for example, version 3.15 to 3.19, see Updating Compliance Monitor 3.
When upgrading Compliance Monitor in an HA environment
- Stop the replication of user profiles from production to HA system by either ending the replication software or ending the replication of the user profiles.
- Stop the replication of objects in the product libraries (PTCMT2 and PTCMT3).
- Upgrade Compliance Monitor on the HA and production systems.
- Setup Compliance Monitor replication per the HA Setup instructions. To view these instructions, download Compliance Monitor 3 HA Setup
- Start replication (including the user profiles and objects in the product libraries).
Before starting your upgrade
Compliance Monitor requires the following:
- IBM i version 7.1 or higher
- Java 1.6 32-bit (required minimum)
- Java 1.7 32-bit for 7.3
- Library QICU – International Components for Unicode for 7.2 and 7.3, option 39
- PASE (Portable Applications Solutions Environment), option 33
- IBM 7.2: PTF SI54166
- IBM i V7R1: PTF Group SF99572 (level 8 or greater) installed
- IBM i V7R1: PTF SI46876
- IBM i V7R1: PTF SI49916
Upgrading to Compliance Monitor 3
Ensure the following servers are available and running prior to upgrading:
- FTP Server
- Remote Command Server
If FTP is not available, you must install the product manually. See Manual Installation of Powertech IBM i Products.
Do the following to upgrade to Compliance Monitor 3:
- Download the Compliance Monitor 3 Installer (most recent). For previous versions, use Compliance Monitor V5R4 Cutoff (v3.14) and Compliance Monitor V6R1 Cutoff (v3.26).
- Double-click the .exe file to start the Installation Wizard. When prompted, enter the name of the system on which you want to upgrade Compliance Monitor, a user profile, and password. Note: Make sure the user profile is a member of the user class *SECOFR and has at least the following special authorities: *ALLOBJ, *SECADM, *JOBCTL, *IOSYSCFG, and *AUDIT. The user profile should have Limit capabilities set to *NO.
- Specify how you want to load Compliance Monitor on your system, from the following:
- The Compliance Monitor Consolidator and Endpoint upgrade processes run pre-checker programs that evaluate your system to verify that the upgrade can proceed, including that you have the proper authority, that the operating system and PTFs are at the correct level, and that the default port (3035) used by Compliance Monitor is available. If the pre-checkers find any problems, you should review the message logs (CM2INSTP for the Consolidator, PCMINSTP for the Endpoint) for more information.
- When the upgrade completes on the system, you can view the install log or select “Restart and load another system” to upgrade another system. Follow the instructions to upgrade the Endpoint program on your Endpoint systems.
- When you are finished upgrading all systems, click Finish to remove the Wizard from your PC.
The Compliance Monitor Installer displays the job log name, user, and job log number. Use the WRKSPLF command to display the job log for complete information on the Compliance Monitor upgrade.
Setting Up Compliance Monitor 3
After you’ve upgraded to Compliance Monitor 3 on your system, do the following to complete the setup:
On the Consolidator System
- Add the Compliance Monitor Consolidator library to your library list:
- Enter the following command to display the License Setup panel:
Enter your Compliance Monitor license code.
- Enter the following command to start the Compliance Monitor monitor job, QP0ZSPWT, in the PTWRKMGT subsystem:
On the Endpoint Systems
Sign on to each Endpoint system and do the following:
- Add the Compliance Monitor Endpoint library to your library list:
- Enter the following command to display the License Setup panel for the Endpoint:
Enter the Endpoint license code. The Endpoint license code is different from the Consolidator license code.
From Your Browser
Enter the following to connect to the Consolidator system:
- sysname is the name of the system where the Consolidator is installed
- 3035 is the default port number used by Compliance Monitor
After You Upgrade
The users (and groups) and reports (and groups) you defined in Compliance Monitor 2 are available in Compliance Monitor 3. If you want to add or change any report definitions, or add or remove users,display the online help for complete information.
Note: The Compliance Monitor Administrator's Guide can be found at Powertech Product Manuals.