To use email notifications within Data Thread:
- Option 12 on the DataThread menu, ‘MAIL-FRM’ requires a valid email address syntax – for example: email@example.com
- The Host names and Domain names must match in Options 10 and 12 of CFGTCP on the IBM i system.
- SMTP must be configured correctly on the IBM i system and must be functional in terms of the ability of the users to send mail using SMTP on the system locally.
- There must be a valid email address of the person sending the email ‘to’ in Option 16 ‘User and Security Maintenance’.
- There must be a valid IP address of the system in Option 12 ‘System Parameters and Settings’ under the heading ‘HTTPHOST’.
- The user called DATATHREAD must have a valid home path in the IFS – for example: /home/Datathread – both in Option 12 and on the IBM i system.
- Ensure there is a Directory entry in WRKDIRE for the SMTP gateway on the system.
- SMTP and QMSF are required to be running on the IBM i system.
Once all these steps have been completed, follow the steps in the configuration guide for files and workflow.
Note: For more details, see the Data Thread Administrator's Guide, which can be found at Powertech Product Manuals.
Last Modified On: May 11, 2018