Important Updates to Cybersecurity Software

HelpSystems is updating the names of our cybersecurity software, including the Powertech product line. Don’t worry—the functionality of your products won’t change.

See the new names here > New, Simpler Names for HelpSystems Security Software.

To use email notifications within Powertech Database Monitor:

• Option 12 on the DataThread menu, ‘MAIL-FRM’ requires a valid email address syntax – for example: morpheus@powertech.com
  • The Host names and Domain names must match in Options 10 and 12 of CFGTCP on the IBM i system.
  • SMTP must be configured correctly on the IBM i system and must be functional in terms of the ability of the users to send mail using SMTP on the system locally.
  • There must be a valid email address of the person sending the email ‘to’ in Option 16 ‘User and Security Maintenance’.
  • There must be a valid IP address of the system in Option 12 ‘System Parameters and Settings’ under the heading ‘HTTPHOST’.
  • The user called DATATHREAD must have a valid home path in the IFS – for example: /home/Datathread – both in Option 12 and on the IBM i system.
  • Ensure there is a Directory entry in WRKDIRE for the SMTP gateway on the system.
  • SMTP and QMSF are required to be running on the IBM i system.

Once all these steps have been completed, follow the steps in the configuration guide for files and workflow.

Note: For more details, see the Powertech Database Monitor Administrator's Guide, which can be found at Powertech Product Manuals.

Still have questions? We can help. Submit a case to Technical Support.

Last Modified On: April 08, 2019