Use this procedure when unable to use the installation wizard. (See Installing Network Security 6 for System Requirements and additional installation details).

On Your PC

1. Download the Software for the IBM i from our website and run the Network Security 6.5x installation wizard.

Note: During this step, the wizard extracts the save files needed for manual installation.

2. Stop when you’re prompted to enter login information, but keep the install wizard open.

3. Identify where the installation wizard has extracted the save files; typically at a file path like: C:\Users\userprofile\AppData\Local\Temp\PowerTech Product Maintenance Wizard

4. Locate the file “PTNS6I.PT” in the PowerTech Product Maintenance Wizard folder.

The .PT file is simply a .zip file and can be opened with WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRar, etc.

This file contains 2 SAVFs, a .jar file and a .props file. The .props file is used by the wizard and can be ignored during a manual installation.

5. Copy the “PTNS6I.PT” file to your desktop.

6. Rename the file from “PTNS6I.PT” to “PTNS6I.ZIP”.

7. Extract the files in this folder and rename the 2 files to have “.savf” after the file name:

1. PTCINSTALL.savf

2. PTNSLIB.savf

3. ns6-uiserver.jar

On Your IBM i System

1. Log in to the System with QSECOFR, or another profile with similar authorities.

2. Issue the following commands:

CRTLIB PTSAVF (Note: If this library already exists, execute the command to clear the library: CLRLIB PTSAVF)

CRTSAVF PTSAVF/PTCINSTALL

CRTSAVF PTSAVF/PTNSLIB

CRTDIR '/PowerTech'

CRTDIR '/PowerTech/NetworkSecurity'

CRTDIR '/PowerTech/NetworkSecurity/installs'

3. FTP the SAVFs (PTCINSTALL & PTNSLIB) to library PTSAVF. (If FTP is not available, skip to step 4.)

1. Open the PC Command Prompt Window.

2. Change to the directory of the SAVFs from step 6 above.

3. FTP the IBM i system.

4. Logon

5. CD PTSAVF

6. BIN

7. Put PTCINSTALL.savf

8. Put PTNSLIB.savf

9. Namefmt 1

10. Put ns6-uiserver.jar ‘/PowerTech/NetworkSecurity/installs’

11. Quit

12. Exit from the Command Prompt Window

4. If you were able to FTP the savefiles continue with step 5. However, if FTP is restricted with your network, you can use iNavigator (iNav) to get the savefiles on your IBM i system.

1. Create a directory on the IBM i system to move the savefiles to:

MKDIR ‘/POWERTECH/NS65’

MKDIR '/POWERTECH/NS65/MANINST_FILES'

2. Using iNav, drag/copy the savefiles PTCINSTALL & PTNSLIB from your PC to the '/POWERTECH/NS65/MANINST_FILES' directory.

3. Use the CPY command to copy the files from the '/POWERTECH/NS65/MANINST_FILES' directory to the appropriate savefiles. Note: The commands are one line.

Copy the PTCINSTALL savefile:

CPY OBJ('/POWERTECH/NS65/MANINST_FILES/PTCINSTALL.SAVF') TOOBJ('/QSYS.LIB/PTSAVF.LIB/PTCINSTALL.FILE') TOCCSID(*CALC) REPLACE(*YES)

And copy the PTNSLIB savefile:

CPY OBJ('/POWERTECH/NS65/MANINST_FILES/PTNSLIB.SAVF') TOOBJ('/QSYS.LIB/PTSAVF.LIB/PTNSLIB.FILE') TOCCSID(*CALC) REPLACE(*YES)

5. Open iNavigator and drag and drop the .jar file ns6-uiserver to the IFS directory /PowerTech/NetworkSecurity/installs

6. Restore PTCINSTALL using the following command:

RSTLIB SAVLIB(PTCINSTALL) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(PTSAVF/PTCINSTALL) MBROPT(*ALL) ALWOBJDIF(*ALL)

7. Run the loader command and follow the onscreen instructions:

PTCINSTALL/PTCSTRLOAD

8. Select option 1 to LOAD the Network Security software.

9. When Network Security installation is complete, proceed with licensing and setup.

Still have questions? We can help. Submit a case to Technical Support.

Last Modified On: August 30, 2018