Important Updates to Cybersecurity Software
HelpSystems is updating the names of our cybersecurity software, including the Powertech product line. Don’t worry—the functionality of your products won’t change.
See the new names here > New, Clearer Names for HelpSystems Security Software.
- IBM i V7R2 or higher
- 5770SS1 option 30 (QSHELL) **
- 5770SS1 option 33 (PASE) **
- Ability to sign on to the system as QSECOFR or equivalent (*SECADM, *ALLOBJ, and authority to RSTLICPGM command).
- Must be current on the latest Cumulative PTF Package, HIPER Group PTF, and Database Group PTF for your operating system release.
- Please ensure you have obtained license keys prior to installing the product.
** QSHELL, PASE and Java are included with i5/OS but can be separately installed. You can determine if these options are installed by running command DSPSFWRSC (Display Software Resources). If a required option is not installed, you can install it using the GO LICPGM command and your IBM i installation media.
IBM i Installation Instructions
Ensure the following servers are available and running prior to installation:
- FTP Server
- Remote Command Server
Note: If FTP is restricted on your network, see Manual Installation of Powertech IBM i Products for information on installing the product manually.
Do the following to perform the installation or update:
- Download the Powertech Antivirus installer to your PC from the Powertech Antivirus download page. (The "Trial" download is the full product, which can be unlocked with a valid License Key).
- On the Choose Components panel, select which components you want to install. You can choose to install the Manuals and the Software for IBM i. Click Next.
- If you’re only installing the Manuals, the process completes and the installer closes. The Manuals have been installed. You can skip the rest of these steps.
- On the IBM i Details panel:
- Select or enter the IBM i where you want to load Powertech Antivirus.
- Enter a user profile and password that’s a member of the user class *SECOFR and has at least the following special authorities: *ALLOBJ, *SECADM, *JOBCTL, *IOSYSCFG, and *AUDIT. The user profile should have Limit capabilities set to *NO.
- (Optional) In the Advanced Settings section:
- Enter a port number or use the arrows if you want to change the FTP port number to something other than the default of 21.
- Select Secure File Transfer if you want to use FTPS (FTP over SSL) during the file transfer. The default FTPS secure port is 990, but it can be changed to the required secure port for your environment.
- In the Timeout (seconds) field, enter the number of seconds the session should be kept active during an FTP transfer. You can choose anywhere between 25 and 1800 seconds (30 minutes).
Note: If the transfer takes longer than the amount of time specified, the session will expire.
- Click Next.
- You have two options on the Product Load Options panel:
- Click Immediate Load if you’d like to load the product on the IBM i now.
Note: If you're doing an update, this ends Powertech Antivirus until the product load completes. After you are done, we’ll restart the product.
- Click Staged Load if you’d like to transfer the objects now and load them on the IBM i at a later time.
Note: See "Loading Staged Objects on the IBM i" (below) for instructions on how to load the staged objects on your selected IBM i system.
- The Product Load Progress panel for Powertech Antivirus installer launches.
If the Product Load Progress panel ends with an overall Failed message, the product upload could not complete properly. To find the reason the upload failed, click View Logs and review your logs. You can also use Download at the top of the logs to save the information for future review.
When the processing is complete, you have two choices:
- If this is the only installation or update of Powertech Antivirus installer that you're doing, click Finish.
- If you have installs or updates to do on other IBM i systems, click Restart. Then, return to step 4.
Loading Staged Objects on the IBM i
If you chose to stage your objects during step 5b of the installation or update process, do the following to manually load them on the IBM i you identified above.
- On the IBM i, execute the following command to display the Work with Loads panel:
- Enter option 1, Load, next to the Load Name for Powertech Antivirus and press Enter.
The installation program installs Powertech Antivirus, including the required user profiles and libraries (see table below for details).
The installation process displays the job log name, user, and job log number. Use the WRKSPLF command to display the job log for complete information on the install.
Domino Installation Instructions
If you are licensed for StandGuard Anti-Virus for Domino, follow the steps above, then complete the following to install the Domino module:
- Enter the following command:
RSTOBJ OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB(QTEMP) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(HSLOADMGR/SGAV730)
- Enter this command:
RSTLICPGM LICPGM(0AV2000) DEV(*SAVF) OPTION(3) SAVF(QTEMP/AVSAVF3)
- Choose option 52.
- Choose option 3.
- Enter the license key.
Starting and Updating Powertech Antivirus
- Enter the license keys according to the instructions in the email you received from Powertech Antivirus.
- Type AVMENU on a command line and press Enter to start Powertech Antivirus.
- Use option 20 to download and apply the latest virus definitions.
- Use option 21 to update the latest product update PTF’s.