Important Updates to Cybersecurity Software

HelpSystems is updating the names of our cybersecurity software, including the Powertech product line. Don’t worry—the functionality of your products won’t change.

See the new names here > New, Clearer Names for HelpSystems Security Software.

Powertech provides several Sequel dashboards that allow you to display security information from the Powertech products. If you use both Sequel data access and analysis software and one or more Powertech security products, you can download these dashboards and use them to see a high-level overview of your system security and drill down to more detailed information. 

Note: Sequel Dashboards have not been updated recently and are no longer officially supported by HelpSystems. For a modern solution for Powertech Exit Point Manager and Powertech Authority Broker, consider HelpSystems Insite.

The dashboards display information for the following products:

• Powertech Exit Point Manager for IBM i
  • Powertech Authority Broker for IBM i
  • Powertech Database Monitor for IBM i
  • Powertech Command Security for IBM i

You can use the downloaded dashboards as a starting point to develop your own customized views that fit your requirements. 

Installation

1. Download the zip file containing the dashboard save file (PTDASH) to your PC. To do so, select your product from the list below and scroll down to find the "Powertech Dashboards for Sequel Users" download.
  2. On your IBM i, enter the following command:
  3. CRTSAVF QGPL/PTDASH

4. On your PC, unzip the PTDASH file, which will extract the file "ptdash".
  5. Click Start/Run and enter the following:

FTP sysname
    where sysname is the name or TCP/IP address of your System i

6. In the FTP window, enter your System i user ID and password when prompted. Then, enter the following commands:

BIN
    CD C:/the directory where you saved the file in Step 1
    LCD QGPL
    PUT PTDASH

When the transfer completes, enter the following command:
    QUIT

7. On a System i command line, enter the following command to restore the dashboard library:

RSTLIB SAVLIB(PWTSEQEX) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/PTDASH)

The Viewpoint Views and dashboards now are available. The views and dashboards are located in the new library, PWTSEQEX.

Display the dashboards using Sequel Viewpoint or the Sequel Web Interface.

Still have questions? We can help. Submit a case to Technical Support.

Last Modified On: May 14, 2019