When you run a mail merge wizard in Microsoft Word 2000, you get the error:
Word cannot open data source
The file is on the PC, and you can open it in Word and Notepad.
- This is not a problem in Word 2003.
- This problem only occurs within Word. Mail merges execute correctly from the iSeries.
The file extensions are hidden in Windows Explorer. Make the file extensions visible:
- In Windows Explorer, go to Tools > Folder Options.
The folder options display.
- On the View tab, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.
- Click Apply to All Folders.
Note: If you don't click this button first, the changes will only apply to the folder that was open in Windows Explorer.
- Click OK.
Last Modified On: July 09, 2018