When using WinSpool/400 on an AS/400, how can users download reports with DBCS data or special characters?
Some users who have double byte reports are getting a CPF3311 error:
Copy request failed for file WINOUTQ in QTEMP.
- Determine the version of your WINSPOOL library use the following command: DSPDTAARA DTAARA(WINSPOOL/VERSION)
- If you are at version 3.25 or lower, download and install version 3.26 or higher. If you are at version 3.26 or higher, you do not need to reinstall the library.
- After installing the new WINSPOOL library, re-enter all the AS/400 access codes.
- Sign on to the AS/400 and add the WINSPOOL library to your library list using the following command:
- Run the following command to tell WinSpool/400 to create its work files with the IGCDTA parameter = *YES:
CHGDTAARA DTAARA(WINSPOOL/WSPLDBCS) VALUE(*YES)
- Stop your FTP server using the following command:
- (Wait 15 seconds.) Restart your FTP server using the following command:
Note: Steps 6 and 7 make sure that all temporary files created in library QTEMP for the FTP server get cleared out and reset. Now when WinSpool/400 creates all temporary download files the product will set the IGCDTA parameter = *YES when creating physical files.
- If you have a different CCSID on your system other than 65535, run the following command to tell WinSpool/400 to use the selected CCSID value. From now on, all reports downloaded via WinSpool/400 or any of the RJS automated download products should use the selected CCSID value when downloading and converting reports.
WSPLCCSID OPTION(*SET) CCSID(285)
The above example uses CCSID 285 when converting report data. Use your local CCSID value.
Note: If you don't know your systems CCSID value, run the following AS/400 command to display the setting: