These instructions show RJS Software personnel how to upload a customer's report to the AS/400 so that you can send analyze it:
Note: This process assumes that you received the report with the *PRTCTL print-control characters.
- Get the report file from the customer as a file attachment.
- Log in to the AS/400 and create a temporary work file in the QGPL library:
CRTPF FILE(QGPL/RPT00) RCDLEN(400) SIZE(*NOMAX)
- In a DOS prompt, start an FTP session with the AS/400:
- Enter your AS/400 user ID and password.
- In the FTP prompt, upload the file, substituting the actual PC file name for c:\report.txt in the following example:
send c:\report.txt rjsspool/rpt02
Note: You can upload SPL or any other extension, as long as the report contains Print Control Characters (*PRTCTL).
- In the FTP prompt, type quit and press Enter.
- On the AS/400, reprint the report:
- ADDLIBLE RPTSPLIT30
- OVRDBF FILE(RPT02) TOFILE(RJSSPOOL/RPT02)
- OVRPRTF FILE(RPTPRINT) TOFILE(*LIBL/QSYSPRT)
- CALL PGM(RPTSPL006)
- DLTOVR FILE(RPT02 RPTPRINT)
Last Modified On: December 10, 2016