When you start Microsoft Outlook before starting WinSpool 98 and then try to send a report from WinSpool 98 directly to Microsoft Word, you get the following error:
"Word Cannot open this document template"
The next error message says:
"Word cannot open the existing "
The last error message says:
Error Sending Report to Word
"-2147024895 Automation Error"
No errors occur when you start WinSpool 98 before starting Microsoft Outlook.
This is not a problem in WinSpool 98, but in the Xerox Textbridge software and its file TBRUN97.DOT.
- Find where the file TBRUN97.DOT is and what the template file is used for. Either use the Windows 95 or NT find feature or check the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\STARTUP.
- Move this file to a temporary location outside the Microsoft Office Startup folder.
- Close and restart WinSpool 98 and Microsoft Outlook.
- Try to send a file to Microsoft Word from WinSpool 98.
If it works, the problem is resolved.
- If this does not work, do further research into where the TBRUN97.DOT file comes from and its purpose. For more information on Xerox Textbridge, see the Xerox website.