When downloading a report with WinSpool/400, you get errors from commands WSPL016, WSPL019, or WSPL020.
To determine which errors are occuring on the AS/400, add an entry to the INI file to tell WinSpool/400 to create a job log after each download pass:
- Make sure WinSpool/400 is not running.
- Open the appropriate INI file with a text editor, such as Windows Notepad:
- For WinSpool 95, the INI file is WINSPL32.INI.
- For WinSpool 98, the INI file is WINSPL98.INI.
- Under [Settings], add a new line DSPJOBLOG=1.
- Save the INI file.
- Start WinSpool/400 and download a report.
- When an error occurs, click through any error messages.
- On the AS/400, search for the job log print file that was created by the user ID you used in steps 5-6. The spool file name is QPJOBLOG.
Use this job log to troubleshoot WinSpool/400.
Last Modified On: July 03, 2020