Before You Begin

Read these instructions completely before attempting an installation or update.

• This document provides specific instructions on how to install or update Robot HA using the HelpSystems Product Loader. For general information about the HelpSystems Product Loader, see “Using the HelpSystems Product Loader."

• Before loading Robot HA, we check if RBTSYSLIB needs to be updated. If it does, you’ll be asked to bring down the subsystem RBTSLEEPER. This ends all Robot products running on your system. When the update completes, you can restart the subsystem.

• For installs only: When you’re finished loading Robot HA, follow the steps below to enter the license code.

• Once the installation or update process completes, read the After You Are Done section for additional information.

• You must install Robot HA on every system that will be part of your high availability environment (production and backup systems).

Installing or Updating Robot HA

Use these instructions to install or update Robot HA on the production and backup system. This process downloads everything to your PC and loads the objects on the IBM i. Read the following steps carefully to proceed.

1. Download the Robot HA installer (setupRobotHA12.exe) from the My Downloads page on our website. Double-click it to start it.

2. On the IBM i Details panel:

1. Select or enter the IBM i where you want to load Robot HA.

2. Enter a user profile and password that’s a member of the user class *SECOFR and has at least the following special authorities: *ALLOBJ, *SECADM, *JOBCTL, and *IOSYSCFG. The user profile should have Limit capabilities set to *NO. This profile will be used to restore and copy objects, and for product maintenance on the IBM i.

3. (Optional) In the Advanced Settings section:

• Enter a port number or use the arrows if you want to change the FTP port number to something other than the default of 21.

• Select Secure File Transfer if you want to use FTPS (FTP over SSL) during the file transfer. The default FTPS secure port is 990, but it can be changed to the required secure port for your environment.

• In the Timeout (seconds) field, enter the number of seconds the session should be kept active during an FTP transfer. You can choose anywhere between 25 and 1800 seconds (30 minutes).

Note: If the transfer takes longer than the amount of time specified, the session will expire.

4. Click Next.

3. You have two options on the Product Load Options panel:

1. Click Immediate Load if you’d like to load the product on the IBM i now.

Note: If you're doing an update, this ends Robot HA until the product load completes. After you are done, we’ll restart the product.

2. Click Staged Load if you’d like to transfer the objects now and load them on the IBM i at a later time.

Note: See “Loading Staged Objects on the IBM i” below for instructions on how to load the staged objects on your selected IBM i system.

4. The Product Load Progress panel for Robot HA launches. When the processing is complete, you have two choices:

• If you have installations or updates to do on other IBM i systems, click Restart. Then, return to step 2.

• If this is the only installation or update of Robot HA that you're doing, click Finish.

Note: If the Product Load Progress panel ends with an overall Failed message, the product upload could not complete properly. To find the reason the upload failed, click View Logs and review your logs. You can also use Download at the top of the logs to save the information for future review.

Loading Staged Objects on the IBM i

If you chose to stage your objects during step 3b of the installation or update process, do the following to manually load them on the IBM i you identified above.

1. On the IBM i, execute the following command to display the Work with Loads panel:

HSLOADMGR/HSWRKLOAD

2. Enter option 1, Load, next to the Load Name for Robot HA and press Enter.

Entering the License Code

Note: You only need to enter a license code after installing Robot HA. If you updated Robot HA, skip these steps.

After you load Robot HA, you must enter a license code in order to use the product. If you haven't received a license code, contact your Regional Sales Manager.

1. Execute the following command on the IBM i to open the Installed Robot Products panel:

RSLVER

2. Enter option 1 by Robot HA to open the Robot HA License Setup panel.

3. Paste your new license code into the first entry field under License Code (it will automatically fill the other fields).

Note: You can paste the license code into the field directly or use F11 to enter Copy and Paste Mode.

4. Press Enter.

5. Our license agreement displays. Read it or print it, then press Enter.

Note: This only happens the first time you enter a license code. If you want to review the license agreement at a later time, press F8 from the Robot HA License Setup panel.

After You Are Done

• To access the product’s Main Menu on the IBM i, execute the command RBO on a command line to display the Robot Automated Operations Solution panel. Then, enter option 25 for Robot HA.

• For updates: During an update, the server and synchronizing are stopped. After the update completes, you will need to go into Robot HA and start the server and synchronizing through the Control menu.

• Set up Robot HA on your system as described in the Robot HA Implementation Guide. You can download the user guide from our website.

• Three libraries were restored to your system for use during the installation or update process: HSLOADMGR, HSLOADMGRW, and RBTCDRLIB. We don't remove them from your system in case you're doing multiple installations. You can delete them when you're finished.

Note: You can move the library HSLOADMGR to a different system on the IBM i and use it to complete additional installs or updates. For more information, see “Using the HelpSystems Product Loader."

Still have questions? We can help. Submit a case to Technical Support.

Last Modified On: March 08, 2018