This document describes information you should know before you install Robot LPAR 2.

Hardware and Software Requirements

The following table lists the minimum software and hardware requirements for Robot LPAR 2.

Hardware/Software Requirement(s)
Partitioned IBM i running on IBM Power Systems with a Hardware Management Console (HMC)
  • You must install Robot LPAR on an IBM i LPAR server with an HMC that is configured and operational. The minimum HMC version levels for Robot LPAR are 6.1.3 or 7.

• You must install Robot LPAR 2 on at least one partition that communicates with the HMC. If you plan to use Robot LPAR to move IOA and IOP devices, we recommend that you install it on each partition that will be involved in the device movement.

• Ensure that no firewalls prevent communication between the IBM i partitions and the HMC.

• You must have the appropriate connection configured and operational for remote access to the HMC:

• For HMC 6, you need a WebSM connection.

• For HMC 7, you need a Web App connection.

• You must have a Hosts table entry for the HMC (to verify that this entry exists, use the command CFGTCP and select option 10).

• You must have the following Service table entry: ssh, port 22, protocol=tcp (to verify that this entry exists, use the command WRKSRVTBLE).

Operating System V7R1 or higher (see below)
Licensed Programs

Portable App Solutions Environment (PASE):

• For V7R1: 5770SS1; option 33

• For V7R2: 5770SS1; option 33

Other:

• For all:

• 5733SC1; option *BASE; IBM Portable Utilities for i5/OS

• 5733SC1; option 1; OpenSSH, OpenSSL, zlib

HMC Password

To install Robot LPAR, you must know the password for the HMC root profile (hscroot).

Security Privileges

The person installing Robot LPAR must be signed on under a profile that has security officer (QSECOFR) privileges.

RBTLPAR Profile

During installation, Robot LPAR creates an IBM i user profile and an HMC user profile, both named RBTLPAR. The IBM i RBTLPAR profile is linked to the HMC RBTLPAR profile, which has the authority to execute HMC commands. You can use the Robot LPAR System Defaults panel (or the Robot LPAR LPRSYSDFT command) to specify a different profile. If you want to specify a different profile, contact Technical Support for more information.

Still have questions? We can help. Submit a case to Technical Support.

Last Modified On: March 08, 2018