Before You Begin

Read these instructions completely before attempting a conversion.

• This document provides specific instructions on how to convert Robot Browser Interface using the HelpSystems Product Loader. For general information about the HelpSystems Product Loader, see “Using the HelpSystems Product Loader.”

• You can load and run an ISO image on your server to maintain Robot Browser Interface on your system. For information on this process, see “Maintaining the Robot Products with ISO Images.” To run the ISO image, you'll need a conversion code (HLPCPOR02). You can also use a pre-checker code (HLPSPOR02) beforehand to make sure the process goes smoothly.

• Before loading Robot Browser Interface, we check if RBTSYSLIB needs to be updated. If it does, you’ll be asked to bring down the subsystem RBTSLEEPER. This ends all Robot products running on your system. When the update completes, the subsystem will restart automatically.

• If you choose to install the manuals, they’re stored on your computer at the following location.

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Help Systems\Robot Browser Interface 2\manuals

• Once the conversion completes, read the After You Are Done section for additional information.

• The conversion process creates or changes two user profiles: RBTUSER and RBTADMIN. RBTADMIN has the attributes of a QSECOFR profile. RBTUSER has attributes like QPGMR. Directory entries are automatically added for the RBTADMIN and RBTUSER profiles. These profiles were created for the following reasons:

• They satisfy requests from corporate auditors that our objects be owned differently from IBM objects.

• They allow us to build a secure product for your environment.

• They isolate the Robot products from IBM changes to the QPGMR or QSECOFR profile defaults.

Note: If you've made any manual changes to the RBTUSER or RBTADMIN user profiles or their authorities, these changes will be lost with any product installation or conversion.

• If you have made any modifications to the product outside of the Administration Main Menu, these changes will be lost during the conversion. These changes may include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Changes made to the logo on the login page.

• Changes made to the Java memory allocation on the web server.

• Using the Secured Sockets Layer.

• Changes made to the time out value for Robot Browser Interface.

• See the requirements table below for the correct licensed programs for your version of the operating system.

• Your Portal Server can be an IBM i, Windows, UNIX, or Linux server. You must decide which server to use based on the following considerations:

• The Portal Server is the server that users connect to when they access the Robot Browser Interface.

• Depending on the server, you will need the following software and hardware.

Server Software Hardware
 IBM i

IBM i V7R1 or V7R2

Licensed Programs for V7R1
• 5770SS1 opt 12—Host Servers
• 5770SS1 opt 30—OS/400—Q Shell Interpreter
• 5770SS1 opt 33—Portable App Solutions Environment
• 5761JV1 opt 11—Java SE 6 32-bit

Licensed Programs for V7R2
• 5770SS1 opt 12—Host Servers
• 5770SS1 opt 30—OS/400—Q Shell Interpreter
• 5770SS1 opt 33—Portable App Solutions Environment
• 5770JV1 opt 11—Java SE 6 32-bit

50 MB of disk space
 Windows Windows XP SP2 Pro
Windows 2003
Windows Vista
Hardware needed to meet Windows minimum requirements
30 MB of disk space
256 MB of RAM
 UNIX/Linux Sun Solaris 9 OS
AIX 5.3, plus required patches for Java 1.5
HP-UX 11.23 (11i v2)
Linux x86 Kernel version 2
A server with a 400 MHz, or higher, CPU
30 MB of disk space
256 MB of RAM

To use a portlet for a Robot product, the Robot product needs to be at the following minimum level:

Robot Product Minimum Level
Robot Schedule 10
Robot Space 2
Robot Network 10
Robot Reports 7
Robot Alert 5

Converting Robot Browser Interface

Use the links to go to the section of conversion instructions you need:

Robot Browser Interface Pre-Checker

Before you load Robot Browser Interface, you can run a pre-checker to determine whether or not the load will complete successfully. To run the pre-checker, do the following:

1. Use the "Converting Robot Browser Interface on an IBM i Server" instructions to download everything to your PC.

2. When you reach the Product Load Options panel, select Staged Load (step 4 below) and wait until the processing completes.

3. On the IBM i, execute the following command to display the Work with Loads panel:

HSLOADMGR/HSWRKLOAD

4. Enter option 2, Run pre-checker, next to the Load Name for Robot Browser Interface and press Enter.

5. Review the information on the Check Install Robot Browser Interface panel. Select *UPGRADE for the conversion, then press Enter.

Note: A pre-checker automatically runs during the first part of the Robot Browser Interface conversion process, but we recommend you run it in advance to identify any potential problems before attempting a full conversion.

Converting Robot Browser Interface on an IBM i Portal Server

The Robot Browser Interface conversion process downloads everything to your PC and transfers the objects to the IBM i. This process is described in the following sections.

Downloading Objects to your PC

1. Download the Robot Browser Interface installer (setupRobotBrowserInterface2.exe) from My Account on our website. Double-click it to start it.

2. On the Choose Components panel, select which components you want to install. You can choose to install the Manuals and the Software for IBM i. Click Next.

Note: If you use the IBM i as your portal server, don't select the Portal Server for Windows (the GUI).

3. On the IBM i Details panel:

1. Select or enter the IBM i where you want to load Robot Browser Interface.

2. Enter a user profile and password that’s a member of the user class *SECOFR and has at least the following special authorities: *ALLOBJ, *SECADM, *JOBCTL, and *IOSYSCFG. The user profile should have Limit capabilities set to *NO. This profile will be used to restore and copy objects, and for product maintenance on the IBM i.

3. (Optional) In the Advanced Settings section:

• Enter a port number or use the arrows if you want to change the FTP port number to something other than the default of 21.

• Select Secure File Transfer if you want to use FTPS (FTP over SSL) during the file transfer. The default FTPS secure port is 990, but it can be changed to the required secure port for your environment.

• In the Timeout (seconds) field, enter the number of seconds the session should be kept active during an FTP transfer. You can choose anywhere between 25 and 1800 seconds (30 minutes).

Note: If the transfer takes longer than the amount of time specified, the session will expire.

4. Click Next.

4. Select Staged Load on the Product Load Options panel.

5. The Product Load Progress panel for Robot Browser Interface launches. When the processing is complete, you have two choices:

• If this is the only conversion of Robot Browser Interface that you're doing, click Finish.

• If you have conversions to do on other IBM i systems, click Restart. Then, return to step 4.

Note: If the Product Load Progress panel ends with an overall Failed message, the product upload could not complete properly. To find the reason the upload failed, click View Logs and review your logs. You can also use Download at the top of the logs to save the information for future review.

Loading Staged Objects on the IBM i

Follow these steps to load Robot Browser Interface onto the IBM i server you identified during step 3a of the conversion process.

1. Shut down the portal server using the following command:

• RBTPORLIB/PORSHUTDWN

2. Make sure no users are signed on to the product you’re converting. Execute the following command to verify:

WRKOBJLCK OBJ(RBTPORLIB) OBJTYPE(*LIB)

3. Execute the following command to display the Work with Loads panel:

HSLOADMGR/HSWRKLOAD

4. Enter option 1, Load, next to the Load Name for Robot Browser Interface and press Enter.

Note: When you convert the RBTPORLIB library, select *YES for the Install Web Server option. Selecting this option converts the helpsystems directory in the Integrated File System (IFS) on the IBM i and copies the necessary software to the directory. All configuration settings are retained except the port number, which is reset to the default of 8008. You can use the command RBTPORLIB/PORCHGPORT to change the port number after the conversion process.

Converting a Windows Portal Server

Do the following to convert Robot Browser Interface on a Windows portal server:

1. Stop the Robot Browser Interface service using these steps:

1. Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.

2. Double-click Administrator Tools.

3. Double-click Services.

4. Right-click Robot Browser Interface, and select Stop.

2. Download setupRobotBrowserInterface2.exe from My Downloads page on our website. Double-click to start it.

3. On the Choose Components panel, select to load the Portal Server for Windows (the GUI and the Manuals). Click Next.

4. When prompted to uninstall Robot Browser Interface V1, select Yes.

5. The installer asks if you have any configuration changes. Select Yes or No.

If you select No, the installation wizard continues and keeps the current configuration information.

If you select Yes, you will have to re-configure the following information:

• Administrator username and password

• Port number

• Robot servers

• Database server

• Date format

6. The Robot Browser Interface 2 Setup Wizard launches. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the conversion.

7. After the conversion is complete, the URL and port number you'll use to connect to the Robot Browser Interface are displayed.

Important: Remember the URL and port number. You'll need this information in order to access the software.

Converting a UNIX Portal Server

Note: To convert the Robot Browser Interface on a UNIX portal server, you must have Java 1.5 installed and your JAVA_HOME environment variable must be set. If you're unsure whether, or where, Java 1.5 is installed, contact your UNIX administrator.

Part One: On the PC

Do the following on a Windows computer to copy the unix-portal.tar file to your UNIX Portal server using File Transport Protocol (FTP):

Note: It's very important that you copy the file using BIN mode.

1. Shut down a UNIX server by using the following command from the directory where the product is installed:

./stopPortal.sh

2. Download the Robot Browser Interface Server for Linux installer file (unix-portal.tar) from My Account on our website.

3. Double-click My Computer.

4. Select your CD drive.

5. Double-click the JAVA Apps folder.

6. Double-click the UNIX folder.

7. Copy the unix-portal.tar file to your C: drive.

8. Use FTP to copy the unix-portal.tar file in BIN (binary) mode to your home directory on the UNIX system.

Part Two: On the UNIX Portal Server

Do the following on the UNIX Portal server where you copied the unix-portal.tar file:

Note: The portal server can use any port number to communicate. However, some UNIX servers allow only the ‘root’ user to use the ports between 1 and 1024. If you're unsure about which port number to specify for the Portal Server, contact your UNIX system administrator.

1. Type pwd and press Enter.

2. The home directory and your username should display: /home/. If they do not display, use a cd command to change to the home directory.

3. Enter the ls -al command to verify that the unix-portal.tar file is in the home directory. If the file is not in the home directory, locate it and copy it to the directory, or repeat Part I above, if necessary.

4. Enter the following command to make a temporary directory for the installation:

mkdir temp

5. Enter the following command to change to the temporary directory:

cd temp

6. Enter the following command to expand the tar file:

tar xf .. /unix-portal.tar

7. Enter the following command to verify that three files were extracted from the tar file:

ls –al

Three files should be listed: portal_inst.sh, portal.distribution, and tomcat.tar. If one or more of these files is missing, repeat steps 6 and 7.

8. Enter the following command to verify that your JAVA_HOME environment variable is pointing to the correct path for the Java 1.5 directory:

echo $JAVA_HOME

This command should display the JAVA 1.5 directory. If the directory does not display, your JAVA_HOME environment variable must be set. Contact your UNIX administrator to determine the directory where Java 1.5 is installed.

9. After the JAVA_HOME environment variable is set, enter the following command to install the Robot Browser Interface on your UNIX server:

./portal_inst.sh

10. Follow the instructions that display to complete the installation; including specifying the port the Robot Browser Interface should use to communicate.

11. The installer notifies you that a configuration file already exists, and asks if you would like to keep the current configuration. Enter y to keep the current configuration and continue as normal.

After You Are Done

• Do the following on the login server after you're successfully running Robot Browser Interface 2:

1. Enter the following command to delete the library RBTPORLIB1:

DLTLIB LIB(RBTPORLIB1)

2. Enter the following commands to delete the IFS directory, portalv1, in the /helpsystems directory:

STRQSH

rm -r -f /helpsystems/portalv1

• After the conversion completes, enter the WRKSPLF command to check the spooled files for any errors that may have occurred. If you have any questions, contact Technical Support.

• You can access the Robot Browser Interface User Guide and other documentation from our website.

• Three libraries were restored to your system for use during the conversion process: HSLOADMGR, HSLOADMGRW, and RBTCDRLIB. We don't remove them from your system in case you're doing multiple installations. You can delete them when you're finished.

• Note: You can move the library HSLOADMGR to a different system on the IBM i and use it to complete additional installs or updates. For more information, see “Using the HelpSystems Product Loader.”

Still have questions? We can help. Submit a case to Technical Support.

Last Modified On: March 08, 2018