How to enable Viewpoint Plug in for Excel 2013 & 2016
To Activate the plug in in Excel 2013 and Excel 2016
NOTE: Ensure that Viewpoint custom install was used to select the Excel plug in during the install process.
- Go to the FILE tab
- Select Options from the menu
- Select the Add-ins Option from the menu
SEQUEL Excel Addin should appear in the Add-in list as a COM Add in type.
- Select Manage -> COM Add-ins
- Select SEQUEL Excel Addin from the Com Add-ins list
- Click OK and a new tab option named ViewPoint will appear.
If this does not work, ensure the following registry entries have been created.
Description=string value:"SEQUEL ViewPoint Excel addin"
FriendlyName=string value:"SEQUEL Excel AddIn"
Manifest=string value:"C:\Program Files (x86)\SEQUEL ViewPoint\ExcelAddInVP.vsto|vstolocal"
- The quotes around the registry values are required
- The loadbehavior must be 3 or the tab will not appear when you launch Excel, though it can be added through options if needed.
Last Modified On: October 26, 2020