How do I use an Excel spreadsheet as the source of a Query prompt?
Follow detailed steps below:
- The worksheet to be used as the source of a prompt should be saved as an Excel 4.0 or higher workbook (*.xls).
NOTE: Omit column headings via Tools - Options - File Output.
- When in the Query conditions dialog box, select the desired column and condition type, and select prompt.
- In prompt attributes, drop down on the Source of prompt Answers and select List of Values from PC File.
- Click on source details, and dialog box for Prompt Answers From File appears. Under Name Of File Containing Values, select Browse, and change the Files of Type to Excel (*.xls,*xlsx).
- Browse to the correct workbook and double click to select.
- Under Value Column Number, specify which column has the values to be used.
- Select OK twice.
- Select Apply
- Run the Query
Last Modified On: April 21, 2017