When opening Report Writer or an existing report, receives error(s):
BDE error 0x2b05-permission denied.
May also see a reference to:
c:\pdoxusrs.net or Path not Found.
Error initializing BDE. Run BDECFG.EXE (16 bit) or BDECFG32.EXE (32 bit) and set the NET DIR property of the PARADOX driver to a valid directory.
Windows 7 may display the error "0X2B27 Unknown internal operating system error" and reference the file C:\PDOXUSRS.NET
Change Paradox driver to valid directory that the user has write permission to.
- Create a new directory, such as C:\BDEShare, or use an existing folder (like My Documents).
- Start the BDE configuration utility, located in:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\Bde\BDECFG32.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Borland Shared\Bde\BDECFG32.EXE
- Click on the Driver Name PARADOX
- Click on the path next to NET DIR
- Click the browse button to the right of the path
- Browse to the folder you created in Step 1
- In the File Name box, type PDOXUSRS.NET and click Open
- From the File menu, select Save
- Once the save has completed, Select File - Exit
- Restart Report Writer and try opening the report again.
IBM Ref#: 1475527
Last Modified On: April 21, 2017