These are the steps to change the Console Mode of SmartConsole if you can't get to "Options-> Options-> Console Mode" graphically to put it Resilient or Non-Resilient.
If you want to change the Console Mode of the SmartConsole to be sure it won't process all the old messages that were generated during the service was down you may change it from the Windows Registry and then start the service.
Follow these steps to do it:
1) Go to the Windows server where the SmartConsole is installed.
2) Go to "Start--> Run..."
3) Execute the command "Regedit"
4) Find the key: ..\Software\Tango/04\BDetector\Options\General Information\Safe Mode.
5) Put its value to the one you desire:
"0" means Non-resilient (fastest)
"1" means Resilient (safest)
6) Start the VISUAL Message Center SmartConsole service
* Don't do this if you have the BSM feature enabled
* Always take into account that changing any key in the Windows Registry is higly risky, so a good practice is to do a previous backup of it just in case
Still have questions? We can help. Submit a case to Technical Support.