- From the ThinkServer config directory (usually C:\Program Files\Tango04\ThinkServer):
Select the “source file name”: it will be used as template. You will recognize the config file that you want because the monitor’s name is embedded at the end of the config file name.
- Create a “target_file.csv”: it will be used as filter to select the monitor to change
- Select the ThinkServer config directory path (usually C:\Program Files\Tango04\ThinkServer)
- Create an Inclusion/exclusion filter (“filter_file.csv”): it will be used to migrate portions of the configuration
- Migration options & click to Migrate:
- Options for the monitor config: it will only be used when there’s NO filter file (it is none of them, inclusion or exclusion). It will indicate if the migration should be of all the nodes of the monitor, only of monitor node options or only of script node options. In any case, it shouldn’t be used if you’re not familiar with the migration manager.
- Options for health event migration: it will be used when you want to change the “Set Health Settings” or “Generate Event Settings” of your monitors.
- Options for the datasource config: its use will be restricted for advanced users and you should ask for help to the migration manager’s developer.
To create the inclusion/exclusion filter you will have to:
When you open the file: you should replace “><” by “>\n<” in order to see the text in several lines
For example, if you want to copy the “PreEventAction”, the filter will be:
Still have questions? We can help. Submit a case to Technical Support.